For this week's Feel Good Friday, Elizabeth has chosen the theme "Wedded Bliss". I have many happy memories and moments from my wedding, but I'll try to limit myself :) And I'll add pictures (because I'm a rebel)
- The invitations... I know it seems odd maybe, but our invitations were probably one of the most special and perfect things about our wedding. They were designed by my friend KD (see post from earlier today: "I Need You!") who also made them all (they were screen printed) by hand for us. After we recieved them, I sealed some of them with a red wax seal with the claddaugh, and some of them I sealed with a feather a la "The Count of Monte Cristo" (movie version). They were perfect, we recieved comments from everybody. (Surprisingly, I don't have a picture of our invites, but don't you worry, I will take one and post it just for you :))
- Getting my hair and makeup done with my two best friends and my sister (none of whom had met any of the others until that day)... All three got along great, and it was so fun seeing three people who mean so much to me laughing and talking with each other.
- My dress... it was perfect. There's no other word for it.
- The look on Josh's face as I walked down the aisle...
- The tears in Josh's eyes throughout the ceremony...
- My nieces an nephew in their sweet little dresses and tux
- Our song... While we are both totally horrible dancers, and (I can be honest) our first dance was pretty awkward, our song was perfect. It was Measure of Love by TJ McCloud. It so perfectly embodied our relationship. We were long distance for the first year and a half of our dating relationship (well, we were together for like two weeks, and then long distance, anyway...). One of the lines is "yes I got your letter, and yes it would be better if the ocean was my backyard. Then I could build a sailboat of postcards and envelopes and flow right back to your arms." And then (Josh's favorite), "I can't decide what I miss more your kiss or your smile". (Josh always said he missed my kiss more because when we kissed, I smiled, so he got both out of one).
- Our cake... It was red velvet and fabulous.
- My grandparents being there... They live in Missouri, and only ever visited our family once (we lived in Texas, and would visit them about every other year (we're not a close family in that way)). But they came down just for our wedding. It meant so so much to me.
(Wow, can we say "Terrible Posture"! I don't know why I couldn't seem to stand up strait.)
Wow, ok, I could go on and on and on, but I'll leave it at that for today. Anyway, Happy Feel Good Friday!