Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lame...

Ok, I know that I haven't updated in a while, but the truth is... my life has remained a mostly boring heap lately. Work is going great. I'm finally getting enough things to do that I feel like I'm actually earning my paycheck. Josh always jokes about wanting to get a job in which he does the least amount of work for the biggest paycheck (this, I know, is untrue, the boy is something of a work-a-holic and is never happy for too long doing nothing). Anyway, up until about a week ago, that was exactly what my job was. I went to work, and though I was there for a solid 8 hours, I never seemed to do anything. So, all that to say, I love that I finally feel like I'm contributing and being helpful. I've recently been re-energized to attempt to maintain the cleanliness around my house a little better. It's always so difficult for me because somehow between Josh and the puppies, nothing can remain clean for more than half an hour. Add to that the fact that we live in a fairly rural setting (lots of dust) and the climate is super humid (lots of bugs) and it's like a joke that I even attempt to clean. Anyway, I'm trying to get better.On that note, I'd like to introduce you to the giant beetle who attempted to eat my house (and by that I mean he was like two inches long, super fat, and laying underneath our carport).
Other than that, I fill my time with frivolous, guilty-pleasure tv watching or reading. I re-read Harry Potter every summer, so I've begun that, and I'm pretty thrilled. I love reading familiar books. There's just something so comforting about it. I know it's kinda lame, and I love new books too, I just can't help myself :)

No comments: