Friday, August 1, 2008

Kiroli Park


Josh and I went to the park last night. We got there just as the sun was really starting to make it's way out. I took this shot right after we got there. I couldn't resist the sun making those leaves glow like that.
Anyway, we took the puppies. It's awful of us, but our puppies don't go on walks on a daily basis. I have a reason, I swear! See, we live outside the city limits on a street that doesn't have sidewalks (this may not seem like a big deal, but if I were to walk them on our street, I would be in the road (that's not really big enough for two cars to pass each other and everybody speeds anyway) or in a ditch, literally). Plus, we live on a dead-end road which opens onto a major street (read: TOTALLY UNSAFE TO WALK ALONG). So I can't walk them in our neighborhood.
The best place to walk them is at the park, but to do that it requires a 15 minute drive (not much, I know, but 15 minutes each way is 30 min, and if I only have an hour of free time while the sun is out each day, we spend just as much time driving as we do at the park) and $0.50 admission for me. It's not the worst thing ever, I mean, I enjoy going, but it doesn't normally seem worth it. Now before you start going on about how we're horrible pet owners, keep in mind that we live on a good chunk of land, and they go outside to run around and play multiple times a day, plus they have each other to play with. They just don't get a structured "walk" everyday like they're supposed to.
Moving on... so they were pretty excited about going. I let Josh do most all of the actually "puppy walking", though. What? I had my camera... which leads me to...


There's this random train car in the middle of the park. I think it's one of the coolest things ever. It's just such a fun, unique thing, you know?

Pretty flowers, pretty flowers, pretty flowers...

And me! I kinda really love this photo. I kept trying to get pictures of Josh, but we ran out of light pretty quickly, and with the puppies, he wasn't really good at standing still... I'll try again a different day :)

And because I've been told that it was mean of me to put that picture up of my sister, here is a more current photo (minus the coke-bottle glasses) of my beautiful sister (it's funny how much this says about us and our differences. I'm totally the one who will wear turquoise and orange with curls, she'll go for a more conservative black with strait hair. We're kinda like that in all aspects of life. She's much more likely to choose the logical path, she's much more careful, more organized, more patient. I'm impetuous, I tend to go on emotion rather than logic, I jump into things head first, I'm kinda messy... ) Moving on...




3 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

My sister and I are so different frome each other. I'm the black shirt, straight hair logical one, and my sister is just like you. We wouldn't have it any other way!

Lula! said...

GORGEOUS pictures...seriously!

stacey said...

That train car is awesome . . .completely RANDOM but awesome!!!!

You & your sister are so cute! That reminds me SO much of me & my sister! I am the younger one so I am more "kinda messy" as well!!!