Monday, November 9, 2009

National Harbor

Have any of y'all ever been to National Harbor? It's on the Maryland side of the Potomac, just south of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you're in the area and have a little time to kill.
I mean, there's still construction going on, and it's completely and totally created for tourists (in a city with a huge tourist draw to begin with), but there're definitely some fun things to see.
You can check out some gorgeous mosaics along the walls of the stairs leading down to the docks
WallMural
DSC_0077
Horse Mosaic
There're some fun animals
DSC_0062
DSC_0073
Good cupcakes (though if you're in the DC area, Georgetown Cupcake is really the place to go for cupcakes)
DSC_0102
And there's this guy
ManintheSand
I love him
Hand1
Every time I pass by the National Harbor exit, I think about him and smile
Foot
I love how huge he is.
RightHand1
I think he's simply wonderful :)
ThroughFingers
So tell me, what delights are you currently loving?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stacey said...

WOW this place looks AWESOME!!!!!
& I can see why you love him:)

Colleen said...

I did a bit of blog surfing today and found your blog. I love these pictures. I had no idea that all of this existed. I live in Northern VA, so it's not much of a trip to get there. I'll have to put it on my list of things to do this summer! Thanks!