Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Update... and then some

Well, I can now officially say that I am an employee of the Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy (I'll pause to let y'all cheer ;)). Though I certainly give myself abundant stress while job hunting, it's amazing how I am always taken care of. This is the second job which has been flung in my face (figuratively speaking), and I'm enjoying the serendipity of it all :) In addition to my excitement over employment, I also find myself with a little adventure coming in the near future. The Journal's annual board meeting/convention is coming up and my boss has insisted that I accompany them... to Las Vegas. So, in less than a month, I shall be traversing the country with my new co-workers. I'm sure an anecdote or two will come of it :)
All else in life is going mostly smoothly around here. As of Friday night, Josh is officially on night schedule for the next three months. While I know that we will find our rhythm soon, the shift from day to night is always something of a challenge (especially now that I have a 45 minute commute to get home each evening :)
I have been filling this weekend with much planning and plotting for the townhouse which we will move into this spring (I know I have time, but I'm all about planning ;)). By this I mean (mostly) I have been sorting through picture deciding which ones I want prints of. In doing this, I have stumbled upon some gems which I'd forgotten about. Including this one...
From A Life of Delight

I took this during my last week in Louisiana as proof that I really did live just down the road from a gator farm :)
Anyway... I must be off now to begin making dinner for Josh to take with him tonight as well as begin preparing for meals later in the week (slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of this whole "preparation" thing). I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and may your week be completely delightful :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah for a job that lets you travel some...that is fun. And praying that you and Josh get into a good groove... that is hard when days and nights are all switched up.

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Yay, congrats on your new job!

Mmmm... fresh gator tail. :)

Lula! said...

VEGAS, baby!!!!

Congrats on the job--and the boss who insists you go to Vegas. Awesome!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

I am so excited for you!

I hope you guys find your rhythm soon. Transitions always take time, but you'll get there.