Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Josh got us both memberships to the Wellness Center (fancy name for the only gym in town with a pool). (Of course, I've been talking about getting a membership somewhere for almost a year now, and just never did. He kept telling me that it wasn't worth the money. Then, two days ago, he calls me up and says, "hey honey, I just got us memberships.") I'm pretty excited about it. I love working out, but with my joints being so angry with me right now, I just can't do as much as I would like to. Now, I have the option to swim, and I'm pretty pumped. It's definitely way easier on my joints. There's just one problem, I can't swim. I mean, I know the concept, and I wouldn't drown if you threw me in a pool, but I never officially learned how to swim. I'm a little ashamed. Moral of this story is, for the next few weeks, I'm planning on swimming two days each week after work, and I will hopefully get better. Until then, I'm just going to look like a tool taking up space in the lanes that are theoretically only supposed to be used by people who actually know how to swim. More on this later...

No comments: