Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bloop Bloop

Well, I'm finally getting back in the habit of working full time (no, still no job, but the temp job is full time hours). It's still weird, though. I have a half hour to 45 minute commute (one way) everyday, and my hours are 10 to 6. It's definitely an adjustment from what I used to work (7:30ish to 3:30iss), but Josh and I are settling in, I think. It simply requires much more planning as far as dinner goes. I can't exactly wait until I get home to figure something out ;)
Anyway... My interview went well, I think :) I really liked the people, and I think I would rock at the job. Too bad I'm not the one doing the hiring ;) I know that there's at least one in-house person who applied for the same job, and I think she'll probably get preference. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see. I'm trying not to stress out too much about it, just take it one day at a time. It's not exactly working.
Meanwhile, I'm working on a little something that may or may not be headed to one of you in the future... I can only get to it during the weekends when Josh is off (so I don't get interrupted by the terrors), so it's not going quickly, but I think you'll like it :D
Enough about me... Now, on to more important things... I'd like to share with you a recipe for one of my favorite things, Oreo Truffles. While I'm sure that many of you have been on this bandwagon for a while, I'd like to encourage everyone to try them. Play with them, make them your own. They're really great as a hostess gift, and they make you feel fancy cause you can say that you made truffles (I'm just going to continue with this assumption and pretend like I'm not the only one). Moving on.. the instructions (written by the dear friend who introduced me to these delights :))

1 package of oreos (mint or regular are both yummy!)
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz., can be low fat or regular)
Almond Bark (or any other meltable chocolate candy coating that you're confident in --not all of them work :p)

Use a blender/food processer to turn all of the oreos into a very fine powdery substance. (Just set your apparatus of choice to the finest setting possible --that oughta work.) Don't worry about trying to separate the creme from the cookies or anything complicated like that; you'll need to grind up the entire thing. (Haha, that makes it sound like you have to grind them one at a time... Definitely not. Fit as many in there at a time as you can.)

After you have grinded all of the oreos, combine this powder with the entire block of cream cheese. (You can use a spatula if you really want, but most of the time, it's easier/funner to just knead it all together with your hands.) Knead the ingredients together until you have a solid black mass. Next, pinch off small bits of dough and roll them into balls of whatever size you desire. (I'd recommend nothing bigger than the diameter of a quarter.) Set them on wax or parchment paper.

Third, heat up the chocolate coating as directed on the package. (I usually break off 3 squares of Almond Bark and put them in a coffee mug to heat up.) Then, just drop in one of the dough balls you made, using a fork to roll it in the coating. Then scoop the covered dough ball onto the fork and let the excess Almond Bark drip off. Gently tap the tines of the fork on the wax paper, and your covered dough ball should slide off onto the paper. Allow it to harden. Repeat with the rest of the dough balls. In just a minute or so, you will see the shininess of the Almond Bark coating go away; when the truffle's coating is dull, then it's completely dried and ready to eat! :] Hooray! :]

Note: Some chocolate coatings do not dry easily, so you may have to put the covered dough balls into the fridge for a while to encourage them to cool off and harden. :] I've seen other chocolates desentigrate the truffle dough, too, so be careful what you buy for this recipe! :]

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you get the job, even with in-house competition... maybe she did something wildly inappropriate at the company Christmas party and now they won't let her get the new job :)

Mmmm... nummy recipe!!!

Julie said...

I hope you get the job too, and I wish that I had oreos here to try the recipe!

Lula! said...

I'm praying you get the job. I truly am.

p.s. Making "oreo balls" (as we call them here--we're so classy!) for Christmas. It's always requested by my family. Yuuuuummm!

Ronnica said...

Best wishes on the job! I work 9-6, so I know what you mean about planning dinner. Half the time I just throw something together because I'm too hungry to take the time to cook. Okay, more than half the time.

Rene said...

Good luck on the job!!

Those oreo truffles sound awesome! I will definitely be trying those!!

Thanks for stopping by with the good wishes for my hubby! We really appreciate it!!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

I'll cross all my fingers and a few toes for you!

I am so going to try those truffles. They sound soooo good.

Merry Christmas!

Keri said...

Oh man, that recipe sounds yummy!

Hope you get a call that you have a permanent job again soon.